Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Coming Back

I took a break. I needed it. I needed to clear my head, reassess my priorities. Determine exactly what my purpose was in my adoption journey.

I've found it.

We've had some break throughs... I have some sadness. It's a long story. I'm not sure how it ends yet, or how I want it to end, frankly. I'm wishy-washy about the whole thing right now.

What I should say is I wanted to come back with a bang. I had a whole, long, ingenious post for you. Snark and wit typed directly from the fingers of Jen, queen of Jenniferland.

And then I saw it.

And I was sickened.

Literally floored.

Stunned.

Left gasping for air.

In the three months or so I've been off gallivanting, concentrating on myself... someone else out here has been suffering. I have missed it. And I am ashamed. Sick I couldn't even keep up on by blog reading. How selfish am I? I skipped out on this part of my life only to find out it went plodding along without me, bumps and bruises and sadnesses be damned.

I'm so sorry Judy.

15 comments:

Erin said...

I was thinking about you today and going to write you.

Glad you are back. Maybe I'll give you a call

Anami said...

I am glad your back...I'm also glad you took a step back and did what you needed to do for yourself. :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jen.

Honey, you're fine. Please don't torture yourself like this. I love you and there's no need to feel any shame whatsoever.

Please don't.

Now, what you can do for me is to type out that "whole, long ingenious post . . . snark and wit directly from the fingers of Jen, queen of Jenniferland."

You're allowed to have a life, you know.

I'll email you, my wonderful, silly friend.

Going Back to Square One said...

*sighs melodramatically*

I know, Judes... I know.

It's just that... just that, well, it's not in my nature not to feel guilt. Don't you know anything about me by now? *giggles*

Your post is forthcoming. The shock from your news scared it away. I'm coaxing it back. It had something to do with journalists and mermaids. Glean what you dare from that juicy hint... I dare you!

Anonymous said...

Yayayayayayay! You're back! I feel like a puppy whose mama has come home and I want to pee on your floor and jump up and lick your face! (well, only figuratively of course!!).

You have been missed. I hope all is well with you and yours. I look forward to hearing all about it.

Anonymous said...

I know, Jen -- me too. About the guilt thing, I mean. Just talked with my wonderful therapist about that today. She doesn't like guilt for me. Doesn't think it's a good look. ;)

Heather said...

I saw you in the newspaper!

angel_girl2007 said...

Jen,
Yay!! You're back!!! I've missed you so much. Love you, Beth

Kristy said...

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! (That's 'cow' for, we missed you and we're glad to see you again!)

Anonymous said...

Hey you. Glad you're back.

We all need breaks, you know?

And it gets impossible to keep up, it just does.

((Hugs))

AJS said...

Yay! You're back! Woot woot. Glad you took a break but even happier you returned!

Thanksgivingmom said...

Every so often I click on your link hoping that there will be another post, so I was overjoyed when I saw this one! We all need (and deserve!) our breaks, glad you took yours to get rejuvinated!

TherapyisExpensive said...

Welcome back! you were missed

Mama Bear said...

Glad your back!!!!!!!!!!!

Becca said...

Glad you're back. I thought you fell off the face of the earth. I'm just now catching up on the fact that you're back! Now, I've got to go read the rest of your stuff to present...