Time for Something Fun
OK...I've been posting a lot of heavy stuff lately. It's wearing on me. Elizabeth won't take a nap. She's fussing in her crib. I'm steadfast on the "bad mommy" trail of you-must-nap, because otherwise she turns into NightmareChild.
Kurt Vonnegut died. If you don't know who Kurt Vonnegut was, then I'm sorry you've missed this amazing man's work: he was an amazing author, artist and critic. The canary has left his cage. He will be missed.
Anyway, I decided we all needed a bit lighter fare. The weather sucks: it's snowing in April! A tornado practically blew down my house last night.
Hubby had to attend a swanky, post-audit Network shindig yesterday evening. The sky grew dark, the wind started to wail and rain began pelting our windows. I switched off Baby Einstein in favor of the weather radar, only to find out we were in the path of The-First-Storm-of-Spring. There was quite the hubbabaloo on the network airwaves. Enough, apparently, to freak me out. Jeff was almost an hour late coming home at that point, which always causes me to break out into the worst-case scenario game, so the fast-approaching storm wasn't helping matters.
Ahh, the wonderful invention of the cell phone.
"Where are you?"
"I'm almost home."
"But where are you?"
"Well, I'm on 300."
I'm getting antsy and impatient with his game at this point. "Where on 300 are you? We're in the middle of a tornado warning and I'm not sure what to do and the wind is blowing ninety-miles-an-hour and the dogs are freaking out and I'm not sure if I should be in the basement and you know the dogs won't go down there voluntarily and the basement is cold and what about Elizabeth and it's time for her supper and she needs her diaper changed and where are you?!"
"I'm just about to pass the alien birds. I'll be home in seven minutes."
BTW, it took him ten.
So, after the past few days, last night's tornado scare, Kurt Vonnegut flying the coop and all; I'm in the mood for something light.
So here it is: VisualDNA. Go do yours.
Here's some more fun...this was too funny. Go do this one, too. Tell me who you look like. Gary Sinise? While I think he's very handsome, I'm not sure I really look like him.
| http://www.myheritage.com |


1 comment:
Nice - liked the pics of your fav things.
And the look-a-like thing - very funny!!!
Poss. xxx
Post a Comment