Fat Clothes
Okay, who here has fat clothes? Show me your hands...
Who here has fat clothes for multiple stages of fat? Or clothes you're keeping around in case you happen to get that fat again? Have you ditched your fat clothes yet? Burned them on a ritual funeral pyre in the front driveway, causing the neighbors to cast sidelong glances your way and mutter under their breath to their children when your kids join their kids at the bus stop?
I'm just curious, because I have a marriage-load of fat clothes to deal with. I had a few skinny clothes from my glory days I finally sent off into the sunset a few years ago when I told myself I was happy with being fat. (Denial.)
So there's the 'just after we were married and I could still shop at normal stores fat clothes' I have in boxes, neatly labeled at the back of my closet. There's the special box of classy lingerie I just couldn't bring myself to give away... (those Victoria's Secret clearance sales finds were all my budget could handle when I was in college) and finally the stacks of things for sizes long past, which I glance at every season wondering if this year I might be able to drag them back out.
Today I bought some fat clothes. For the purpose of being fat ~ and making it go away. Wanna see 'em?
Every week I'm going to put on these fat clothes and take a picture. I'm hoping as I go along this will serve as proof to me when I'm low that yes, I am making progress. And yeah, I picked that shirt on purpose. I figured it couldn't hurt.


No comments:
Post a Comment