Coming up for Air
She lives, she lives!
(only marginally.)
Mom is doing great. My many thanks to all of you who've sent me messages and said prayers on her behalf. The whole thing scared the chickens out of her, but she's back on her feet. If all goes well she should be able to go back to work around the middle of next month. There's a possibility she may have to have a pacemaker implanted, but we won't know about that for a few weeks or so. Until then, I choose not to ruminate over it. She's doing plenty of worrying for all the people in the family.
And let me tell you one thing: my mom worrying means I get no peace. Whatsoever. I've told you all about our, um, unique relationship. It's even more unique when she gets spun up about something. So, since she hasn't been driving and all that I've been the one taking up the slack.
I deserve a nomination for sainthood. Really. I'm amazed I haven't driven a dull spoon into my brain just to save myself the ten-million telephone calls a day.
_____________________________
On the Elizabeth front: she got better. Now she's sick again. Growl. We have two referrals, one to an ENT and the other to an Allergist/Immunologist. Our pediatrician suspects one or two things, or possibly both combined: her ears are going to need tubes and/or lowered immunity from her scary bout with RSV/pneumonia last January is still causing her problems now. So we wait to find out. It's going to be several weeks before we go to the specialists as it took forever to get in, especially with our nutty allergy season here, but I'm praying for an answer. I just want my baby to be well.
_____________________________
My most recent good news? I'm a SAHM now. As of last week. But, since Mom has been commandeering all my time and Elizabeth now thinks it's fun to run circles around the kitchen island until she's dizzy, I haven't noticed being any less busy. Actually, I've been MORE busy. I wonder why that is? Anyone?
_____________________________
I'm still writing like a mad-woman. I'm also editing three other stories for other people. To be honest, though, once I finish these editing jobs I'm going to cut it down to just one beta-job at a time. Three is too much. I find myself procrastinating and resentful that I'm not spending time on my own projects.
Either way, I'm this much closer *holds fingers a tiny bit apart* to actually starting to think about my own novel. Now that I'm home full-time I'm going to do some praying about it and see what the Big-Man says.
_____________________________
And last but not least:
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2007
The Indianapolis Children's Museum
Indiana Get-Together
Meet outside the front doors when the museum opens at 10:00 am?
Adult admission is $12.50, children (2-7) are $7.50
Email me or post a comment and let me know if this works.


9 comments:
Okay--glad to hear all is well in Jenniferland (congrats on SAHM status!!)
The meeting time for the museum sounds great. I still plan to be there, but will be playing it by ear given Roo's most recent injury (see nowreidthis.blogspot.com for further details and areally cute picture!) He's still not walking today, but standing up from time to time.
Can I have an autographed copy of your first novel if I promise to shamelessly promote it? Glad to hear mom is well and E is getting intervention before ick season hits bigtime.
Of course you may, LeeLee. Only the best for you. But you must commit to coming on tour with me.
(As if that's ever going to happen...but a girl can dream, right?)
Em...you better put the scare of life into that kid. Candy-begging day is only two days away...surely he's not going to miss out on chocolate?
Heehee.
Welcome to SAHM-dom! :)
Because my current streak of be not good about emailing might continue, I'll post here (and then try to email as well).
Anyways the point of that is... Yes, I'm coming Saturday. Jeff is debating whether or not he wants to go to Indy for the second weekend in a row, but I am coming (and I'm the important one right? ;))
Besides it's an excuse to go play at the Children's Museum... I haven't been in like 5 years or more...
Count me in on the tour. Latte's in every state in the union!
I'll be there with my daughter! HOORAY! I am so flippin' excited! whoo-hoo!
Glad things are going well with Mom and you were able to get an appointment with the specialists.
Glad to hear things are better for you. Where have you been I miss talking to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Btw you are tagged.
Good to hear things are going well. Lucky SAH duck!!!
Post a Comment