Pneumonia Chronicles
I keep hearing little hints about where I've been. *sigh*
To be quite honest, I've been in my happy place ~ when I haven't been trying to entertain an incredibly sick child. Ebaby has been sick for count 'em...six weeks. The first two we went round and round with an endless bout of croup which landed both Jeff and I in bed with the virus from hell. Just when we thought that was better, Ebaby popped up with a secondary ear infection.
Never one to take the easy road to wellness, Elizabeth decided she didn't want to respond to her first course of antibiotic treatment. Or, her second. So, with my hair still stuck precariously between my fingers from a behind-the-bathroom-door scream-fest, I hauled her butt back to the pediatrician once again, demanding answers. She still had the ear infection ~ in both ears.
Oh, and pneumonia.
Out comes the nebulizer and twenty-seven thousand different little plastic ampules of misty-stuff Elizabeth won't still still to take. Back we go to the store for the seventeenth time to fill our store of distilled water for the cool-mist humidifier that's been going every night in the nursery. Remember to stop at the pharmacy to pick up some of those little plastic protector things for the ear-thermometer, since the pediatrician has asked us to start charting her temperatures three times a day.
Elizabeth has had a fever for six weeks ~ and now I'm charting it.
I feel like I'm in some bad BBT Twilight Zone horror-flick from the infertility days. I got rid of that thermometer in a ritual burning. I may do the same thing when this disease...whatever it is...is over. The whole process of taking her temperature and writing it down all the time is giving me bad vibes. *shudders* Only this thermometer is the high-tech pricey kind, not the cheapy, digital BBT basal thing from CVS. I'm not sure if it's worth burning fifty bucks...
On a lighter note, my story Witch Weekly did manage to pull out a win for Best Comedy. I'm still floating on air over that one.
And yes, Lee, I did pay that dude to write that song about me. I also had him put in that bit about Erin and Hagrid. LOL!
*smacks thigh laughing*


5 comments:
the comment about calling Erin Hagrid, I'm still laughing aloud, a real belly laugh about that, sorry Erin. I'm just dyin' tho.
Sorry E-babe is not well. I put a few prayers out for the little peanut.
You poor things, all of you! She MUST get better so we can all play together in a few weeks. Tell the Doctor that!
So sorry for all of you. Pneumonia should just not happen to children. Will's had it twice. Will she sit still if you let her watch a movie or something? That was always our trick. Breathing treatments and Thomas go hand in hand.
Hopefully E-baby is feeling somewhat better...I know you hate to see her not feel well.
So sorry about Ebaby being sick. My little Punkin is using the nebulizer all the time too- i think he is developing asthma. Winter hasn't even started yet and I am longing for spring.
Post a Comment