Saturday, October 06, 2007

Shameless Begging


My little story is up for an award, eh? Can you believe that? I was nominated in the categories Best Comedy and Best One-Shot at SIYE, the only Harry/Ginny fanfic archive worth reading.

Witch Weekly: Ten Sure-Fire Ways to Cure the Common Cold

Here's the deal: Witch Weekly was trouncing this other story in the One-Shot category until last night. The story it's neck-in-neck with is a good story in its own right, however it's just deep and emotional ~ something that leaves you feeling a little oozy when you've finished reading it. My story, on the other hand, (or so I've been told by numerous people) is a crack-you-up kind of story. Who wants heavy emotional when they can have hilarious frivolity? Really?

So the voting is open until Midnight, October 7, 2007. I'm going to post the link to my story. If you like it, by all means, register and leave me a review! And if you think it's a story worth winning a little meaningless award, then pop over to the home page and vote for it, please??

While I'm at it, I may as well put another shameless plug in for an October DSTA nomination... My other story, Continuum, which is almost finished at thirteen posted chapters can be found under my author link. It goes without saying that I accept reviews and nominations for this one, too! LOL!

You know, I wouldn't ask, but I'm getting beat by three ~ count 'em, three ~ votes right now. The night before I was up by almost 20. That means there's some shameless begging going on somewhere else in the world right now, so I don't feel so bad about this...or should I?

WWJD?

Beg shamelessly. Yeah. Whatever I want to tell myself, right? Ha!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Count me in as giving you an outstanding review!

Going Back to Square One said...

She likes me...she really likes me! *aww shucks* I love you Lee-Lee. If you were here I'd bake you cookies. Really.

There are so many awesome writers on that site...the idea that my little story has the chance of standing beside them has me dancing with anxiety!

Oh..I'm never going to live until the polls close! Never! Someone send me medicinal alcohol or something! Xanax...a tranquilizer, something! Aarrgh!

Becca said...

That's awesome! As a fellow writer (at least in my own mind), I applaud your discipline to write and have a child! That's really hard.

Oh, and I just noticed that you added me to your blogroll. thanks. My blog address has changed, and evidently someone else has taken up residence in the old one. People might be a little confused if they follow the link. The new one is www.mbwc.blogspot.com. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

So, do you only post now when you want something from us? Please come back, I miss you!

Mama Bear said...

I tried to but never got the e-mail to do it -- I need to try again so I can vote for you!! yeah I miss ya too!!!! how is that little e-baby doing?