This Should Be Illegal
Do you know what I did today?
(Come on, you know you do.)
N.O.T.H.I.N.G.
I did nothing. Zip, zilch, nada. I sat and read Harry Potter fanfic all day. My Book Seven/OoTP movie frenzy has now hit an all-time high. (Damn you, Judy. I knew nothing of fanfic until you mentioned it to me...kidding, kidding.) With glazed eyes and sore wrist I have been maneuvering my way through story after story, coming close but not quite satiating my need for closure of the Harry Potter saga.
I am hopelessly addicted.
Twenty-six more days until the movie releases; thirty-six more days until the book releases.
If I don't make it, will someone please visit my grave and read me the book?
________________
Disclaimer: For those of you ready to call Family and Child services on me for the neglect of my beautiful daughter, breathe easy. She's with her grandpa and won't be home until tomorrow.



7 comments:
Well if it makes you feel any better you've spread it around. I've been mentally pacing since I finished the 6th book on Tuesday. (I did manage to get Jeff stated reading Sorcerer's Stone though.)
I delved in to Harry Potter fanfic (after talking about how I didn't read it) and despite the fact that I'm picky about some stuff (mostly canon, no alternate universe, stuff like that, I keep coming back for more.
My personal weakness is Ron/Hermione stuff. I'm so very much a 'shipper for that pairing and I can't devour enough. If you find an antidote please share.
Um, Jen?
You need a 12-step group.
If I had an antidote for this particular problem, I wouldn't have just marked my current fanfic story in my favorites on my work computer.
uugh /facepalm
Nic, you're right. Is there a pill I can take?
Jen, If you don't make it I will drive to Indiana on the first buying day and faithfully read Deathly Hallows aloud to you.
lee is a better person than I. I'm going to the midnight party getting my book and staying up ALL night and reading it. John can take care of the bee the next day!
Erin, I'm not a better person, I just figure the odds of me reading the book uninterrupted are far better in a quite cemetary in Indiana than in my crazy house! It's totally selfish. Reading aloud and driving to Indy is a small price to pay!
And I have to admit to not seeing any of the movies or having read one of the novels....so I must really be out of the loop.
Post a Comment