What? Flying Pigs?
I'll be damned. I am rarely intrigued by articles on MSN Health. But this one is worth the short read:
http://health.msn.com/centers/sleep/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100160312>1=10108
It's about EDS (Excessive Daytime Sleepiness) or hypersomnia, which is something I deal with every day. I found it interesting how Psychologytoday.com referred so heavily toward emotional causes for EDS rather than physical ones.
I suppose mine could be both. On the other hand, I firmly believe my EDS/narcolepsy and my depression symptoms do a intricate tango; one cannot exist without the other.
I can tell you this, though: until I was diagnosed with EDS in the spring of 2002 I had never once noticed the progression of spring wildflowers. It was like watching the world bloom for the first time. It was beautiful.
Whoever invented Provigil? Someone needs to mail that dude a Bozo button.


1 comment:
I am bipolar and have major daytime sleepyness, I can totally relate to this post, and the article,,
thanks for the link
I really need to work on my sleep schedule,,
ani
Post a Comment